You are going to love this fast, effective full body kettlebell workout!
I created this full body kettlebell workout a few weeks ago and I love it, not only because it’s super fast (20-25 minutes, not including the warmup) but crazy effective and will really get your heart rate up. My legs were so sore the first time I did this workout, so prepare yourself! It really gets the glutes and hamstrings- there is a lot of squatting in this workout.
Choice of weights:
I’m going to list my weights for each exercise below, and I chose weights that allowed me to safely do 8-10 reps without a deviation from proper form. I could have gone heavier for most of the exercises but in doing so I would have had to decrease my rep range from 6-8 reps. That’s totally fine, and if muscle hypertrophy (growth) is what you are after then that’s a valid choice. I did 8-10 reps so that I could demo the full length workout. In my normal workouts I do tend to go heavier (as long as my back isn’t hurting) and do closer to 6 reps instead.
The exercises and weights:
The exercises, in this order, are:
- Alternating single-arm kettlebell swings, 20 reps (total). I used a 25 lb kettlebell but a 30lb was doable.
- Single leg deadlifts. 8 reps each leg. I used a 35lb KB
- Single arm high pulls. 25lbs, 10 reps each arm. 30lbs was doable for 8 reps.
- KB two-arm clean into goblet squat. I used 30lbs. 10 reps
- Single arm KB row. 30lbs for 8-10 reps (or 35 at 6-8 reps)
- KB Jump squat. This is a killer! I used 30lbs. 15 reps.
- Pushups with alternating shoulder taps. 10 reps total.
Repeat for 3-4 rounds, depending on time and energy. 3 rounds on your first try will be sufficient, provided you use a challenging weight. But remember: your weights should not be so heavy that your form suffers!
There’s a one minute preview, then an explanation before I demo the entire workout. You can jump straight to the workout by going to the 4:45 mark in the video. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below or contact me via my “contact me” page!