Body Weight Full Body Metabolic Home Workout- work your entire body in only 15 minutes!
Welcome to Day 1 of the Home Workout Challenge! This body weight full body metabolic home workout (that’s a mouthful!) will work your entire body in just 15 minutes! It will strengthen all the major muscle groups while burning fat. It’s a great workout for busy moms and or anyone who’s struggling to fit in a longer workout.
This workout consists of fifteen different exercises. You will do each exercise for 50 seconds, rest 10 seconds, and then begin the next exercise. The only exception is minute 2, where you will do 10 pushups with an alternating knee cross to chest between each pushup (see the video to see what I mean by this). Once you complete your ten pushups then you can rest for the remainder of the minute.
Here are the exercises (don’t worry if you don’t know what some of these things mean…it’s in the video!)
- Two jump squats into two low jacks
- Push ups with alternating knee across to chest
- Lunge forward, then back (same leg), then jump scissor switch; repeat alternate lead
- Dips into reach across toe tap
- Mountain Climbers
- Curtsy Lunge into squat (all same leg)
- Crab Walks into Push ups
- Curtsy Lunge into squat (all same leg- other leg!)
- Plank Hold
- Hip Bridges (I put my heels in a chair; this makes it harder)
- 3 squats (step out, in out, all same leg), jump squat. Repeat with other leg stepping out/in/out.
- Side Plank Hold
- Side Plank Hold (other side)
- Heel taps (transverse abdominus exercise)
- Handstand Prep Hold (yes, you can!)
So, that’s the breakdown of the workout!
Motherhood and exercise:
Yes, this is what happens to me on a regular basis. I try to do my kettlebell workouts when Massimo is napping or someone else is watching him (both for my mental health and for safety reasons), but I thought I was safe with a body weight workout. I ended up holding him through the majority of the workout! So, I ended up with an extra 21 pounds of resistance. 🙂
Before you get started, be sure you warm up:
Now, let’s get started! The Body Weight Full Body Metabolic Workout is waiting for you here:
(PS: Here’s the standard “please consult your physician before embarking on any new exercise program”and “The Pragmatic Unicorn and Cari are not liable for any injury that may be incurred during exercise”disclaimer. And I will always tell you this: If it hurts, stop doing it!)
I hope you enjoyed it! If you have any questions at all you can reach me via the comments, my Contact Me Page, or on my Facebook or Instagram pages. I am happy to answer your questions!
See you tomorrow!