Pulling Exercises Strength Training Routine
This is the second part of the push/pull split. This is your pulling exercises strength training routine!
Pulling Exercises generally utilize the hamstrings, back and biceps and this workout will hit all of those muscles. You will need various weighted dumbbells for this workout, and I recommend using a minimum of 15 lbs (each, so a total of 30 lbs) for your legs. I will note my weights below.
The ” pulling exercises strength routine ” consists of two strength circuits. You will repeat all of the exercises in Circuit #1 for a total of 3-4 times (depending on your fitness level and time) before moving on to Circuit #2, which you will repeat for a total of 3 times. This workout should take about 25-30 minutes to complete.
- Deadlifts (12 reps). You will need two heavy dumbbells. I am using 25lbs (for a total of 50 lbs). If you have lower back pain the lighten the weight and/or decrease the number of reps. Remember to engage your core to protect the back!
- Hammer Biceps Curls. 10-12 reps (I’m using 15 lb dumbbells)
- Bent over row into rear delt flys.
- Single Arm Bent Over Rows (10-12 reps each arm). I’m using 25lbs.
- Heel Slides into Hip Bridge (no weight)
- Pullovers. (lie on your back or a bench/step if you have one). I’m using 12 lbs (24lbs total)
Don’t forget to Warm Up (full post here) before beginning:
Ready to do your Pulling Exercises Strength Training Routine?
Let’s get started! Don’t forget to stop if anything hurts, modify if needed, and ThePragmaticUnicorn.com and Cari assume no liability.
What did you think about this “pulling exercises strength training” routine? Do you like working with the push/pull split? Let me know in the comments below!